More about our clients… CURRENT and PAST
Alphabet Rockers ~ These Oakland teaching artists aim to make learning come alive through the beats, rhymes, moves and community of hip hop. Their 2017 album Rise Shine #Woke was GRAMMY nominated. Web … Videos
Ants Ants Ants ~ Out of Portland’s fertile indie music community comes a summery invasion of happy tunes. Their first album is called Why Why Why? and a series of animated music video premieres is underway now. Web … Videos …. Press Kit … Sounds
Ants on a Log ~ This theatrical and musical duo from Philadelphia creates smart and socially conscious folk music, featuring tight harmonies and rhythmic play. Their hit eco-feminist musical for kids, “Curious: Think Outside the Pipeline” is now an album! Web… Press Kit …Sounds
Brady Rymer and the Little Band that Could ~ These 2-time GRAMMY Award nominees want to “Just Say Hi!” and invite you to “Press Play” with their “Americana mash-up” style. He released a NAPPA Award-winning inclusive collection of songs called Under the Big Umbrella in May 2019. Web … Sounds
Craft Recordings – Concord Records – Raffi ~ The renowned children’s troubadour and environmental activist released Owl Singalong and Dog on the Floor in 2016 and 2018. In 2019, he released a compilation album for his grown-up fans, Motivational Songs, and he appears on a new album by Lindsay Munroe, which he also produced and released on his Troubadour Records label. It’s called I Am Kind. Web … Video … I Am Kind
Dana’s Music Playground ~ A trail-blazing independent songwriter and teaching artist, Dana returns with a highly interactive album for tots, Dana’s Best Jump & Jam Tunes and a new Saturday morning YouTube series for preschoolers. Web … YouTube… Soundsnds
Johnette and Scott ~ A new collaboration between Johnette Downing and Scott Billington, these New Orleans based artists take listeners on a rootsy ride through and around Louisiana music. Web … Sounds …. Tour
Koo Koo Kanga Roo~ Armed with nothing more than an iPod, two mics, one giant rainbow and some gold sneakers, this YouTube sensation and traveling duo puts on an all-ages dance party that invites everyone to join in. Web … Sounds … Tour
Tim Kubart ~ Known for his role on Sprout Channel’s “Sunny Side Up Show” and his performances with Postmodern Jukebox, Tim has been nominated for a GRAMMY Award for his high-powered pop album “Home”. He is currently hosting The Birthday Show. Web … Sounds … Tour
Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band ~ This L.A. based, Latin GRAMMY winning duo of Alisha and Lucky create a TV series, pure pop songs and bilingual albums. Catch Made in LA and Greatest Hits in their growing collection of music, videos and other media. Web … Sounds … Tour
The Okee Dokee Brothers ~ This GRAMMY Award-winning duo makes family music with a goal to inspire children and their parents to get outside and experience nature. Their latest album is Winterland. Web, Press kit and Sounds … Tour
PJ Library ~ A project of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, this nonprofit distributes more than 220,000 children’s books each month to families around the United States. Their PJ Library Listen hub offers hours of audio delights, from stories and music to a new podcast.
Red Yarn ~ A leader of Portland’s vibrant indie kids’ music scene delivers gems from the American songbag with puppetry and fresh arrangements. His recent Parents’ Choice Award-winning album is Red Yarn’s Old Barn, , and he is about to release Backyard Bop for summer 2020. Web … Sounds
Roger Day ~ This Parents’ Choice Gold Award-winning touring artist is about to release an inspiring album called Invincible for summer 2020.
Justin Roberts ~ This three-time GRAMMY nominee offers smart lyrics and power pop sounds. He recently published a picture book and has developed theatrical productions in Chicago and NYC, and his latest award-winning album is Lemonade. Web … Press Kit … Sounds … Tour
Sara Lovell ~ Hailing from the Bay Area, Sara creates thoughtful lyrics and irresistible melodies, and videos that have enjoyed hundreds of thousands of views. Her album Wild Is Everywhere won national awards and acclaim, and she released the Parents’ Choice Gold Award winning album Night Life in 2020. Web … Press Kit … Sounds ..
The Secret Mountain ~ This Montreal based publisher creates gorgeously illustrated book-and-CD sets that win top awards around the world. New for fall 2019 will be the Audio Picture Book Animal Musicians and the latest in their classical music series, Little Creatures by noted music educator Ana Gerhard. The West African and Caribbean focused book/CD, Songs in the Shade of the Cashew and Coconut Trees, was chosen as one of the best books of 2019 by Kirkus Reviews. Web … latest book sounds
Story Pirates ~ This national group of top comedians, musicians, best-selling authors, and world-class teachers to turn kids’ wildest stories into a critically acclaimed series of books, a sold-out national tour, award-winning albums featuring guest artists like Lin-Manuel Miranda, and the #1 podcast for kids and families. Story Pirates Changemakers, the non-profit arm of the organization, have brought life-changing literacy programs to more than 500,000 students. Currently, they are serving up daily interactive content to kids via the Story Pirates Creator Club. Visit Storypirates.org and StoryPirates.com to learn more.
Symphony Space ~ “Just Kidding” programming at this Upper Westside landmark in NYC ranges from the latest indie kids’ rock to breakdancers, puppetry acrobatics and children’s theatre. Best-selling authors interact with kids at the Thalia Kids’ Book Club events and summer camps. The season runs October to April each year. Web …Sounds
Danny Weinkauf ~ Longtime bassist for They Might Be Giants and composer of the hit “I Am a Paleontologist” has a solo career as a family music artist. His albums include the acclaimed No School Today and Totally Osome, Inside I Shine and Dinosaurs and Metaphors. Web … Sounds
On our Radar …
Please discover our past and oft-returning clients.
- All Around This World ~ A highly engaging online global learning curriculum based on authentic music from many cultures.
- Amazon Music ~ America’s general store delves into the children’s genre with exclusive new albums by 2018 GRAMMY winner Lisa Loeb, Shawn Colvin, Jessie Baylin, The Pop Ups, Bob Schneider, Recess Monkey, and more. Here’s the official news , and here’s a page featuring a growing catalog of award-winning music and videos.
- Asheba ~ He’s the Trinidad-born maker of calypso and reggae music for kids. .
- Baby Loves Disco – Catch this family dance party phenomenon when it comes to a nightclub near you!
- Big Block Singsong ~ A genius indie creative duo out of Montreal has created an award- winning international music and TV hit.
- Bill Harley – GRAMMY Award–winning storyteller, songster and author continues to set the standard for family listening.
- Cat Doorman – Sweet indie tunes from a Portland-based musician and visual artist. There’s a new app, too!
- Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer ~ This trailblazing folk and family duo offers a new album celebrating all families.
- David Tobocman ~ David’s songwriting is attuned to a child’s life. When he’s not writing TV and film scores, he’s singing along with kids in L.A.
- Debbie and Friends ~ Peppy story songs and videos watched the world over.
- Deedle Deedle Dees and Lloyd H. Miller ~ An educational rock band based in Brooklyn, NY, with quirky-good songs about history, folklore and nature
- Dog on Fleas ~ Led by GRAMMY winning producer Dean Jones, this band blends a retro vibe with whimsical lyrics that celebrate the joy of family life. Their latest album for 2019 is I’m an Optimist.
- Earthworm Ensemble ~ Spanning styles from indie rock to zydeco, this acoustic band’s latest album is ‘Backyard Garden. LA fans also know them as I See Hawks in LA.
- Ellis Paul ~ Ellis‘ songs will make kids think and feel powerful.
- Elska ~ A modern pioneer exploring a frosty world of adventure and wonder with her electro- pop songs.
- The Harmonica Pocket ~ An award-winning solar-powered band from Seattle’s Kindiependent delivers catchy tunes and organic fun for all ages.
- Heidi Swedberg and the Sukey Jump Band ~ hip and sweet, uke-infused songs for all ages. Let’s PLAY!
- Hot Peas ‘N Butter ~ NYC based multicultural family music band known for Latin-influenced catchy songs. The new album “Amistad” features guest Dan Zanes.
- Jazzy Ash ~ A swinging Crescent City style with smart and kid-friendly lyrics.
- Jessa Campbell ~ A golden-voiced, Portland based songwriter whose Parents’ Choice Award winning album Can You Feel It? celebrates Pacific Northwest ecology. Web
- Katherine Dines~ This trail-blazing recording artist creates delightful Hunk-Ta-Bunk-Ta Music for young children. Her latest album is the globe-spanning Hunk-Ta-Bunk-Ta Holidays.
- Frances England ~ The San Francisco based singer-songwriter and visual artist invites families to unplug and explore the world around them. Her latest critically acclaimed albums are Explorer of the World and Blue Skies and Sunny Days.
- Jim Gill ~ The Poet of Play invites parents and caregivers to enjoy active fun
- Lisa Loeb ~ The pop star, author, style setter and philanthropist has released three family music albums recently (Amazon Original releases). Her Feel What U Feel won a 2018 GRAMMY award, and her newest album Lullaby Girl has won wide critical acclaim.
- Little Miss Ann ~ Families are encouraged to “Keep On” with this dynamic musical duo of Ann Torralba and Amy de Jesus, both teaching artists at Chicago’s Old Town School of Folk Music.
- Keith Munslow ~ Razor-sharp wit infuses Keith’s songs and stories. New fatherhood and the humor of family life inspire his newest album Tiny Destroyer.
- Key Wilde and Mr. Clarke ~ smart songwriting taking a different angle from the rest .
- Kira Willey ~ This award-winning songwriter and children’s yoga expert has released three acclaimed “Yoga Songs” albums, and hosts features on radio and TV. Her latest empowering album is Every Voice.
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo ~ This legendary South African group released the 2017 GRAMMY-nominated Songs of PEACE & Love for Kids & Parents Around the World
- Laura Veirs – a Portland based indie songwriter, Laura released her first family music CD “Tumble Bee” and is touring nationally.
- Little Monster Records ~ This Woodstock based indie label offers several cool CDs
- The Not-Its! ~ Seattle’s mom-and-pop punkish rock band is known as one of he best live touring groups in family music. Their 2016 release is Are You Listening, and the most recent release is Hide and Seek. Dance with them!
- Mr. Palindrome – word play and silliness from the Pied Piper of Down Under.
- Oran Etkin – This internationally acclaimed world-jazz clarinetist teaches kids about music and history through his Timbalooloo classes and concerts.
- Peter Yarrow ~ The legendary co-writer of “Puff the Magic Dragon”released an intergenerational “Puff” with Bethany & Rufus.“
- The Pop Ups ~ Two Grammy nominations and multiple acclaim for their touring pop music puppet shows, videos and songs.
- Putumayo Kids ~ The kids’ and family division of Putumayo World Music has a catalog of acclaimed world and roots music.
- Rani Arbo and daisy mayhem – This mom-run string band tours nationally and never fails to delight with their “Ranky Tanky” tunes.
- Ralph’s World ~ One of the top family music artists is also a children’s book author is also a reading hero in his Chicago hometown and nationally
- Recess Monkey ~ Seattle’s nationally touring and award-winning band of teacher -musicians hits all the right notes with kids — and their grownups. Their album Novelties (Amazon Original) was GRAMMY nominated. Catch Jack Forman’s solo album Songs from the Monkey House, too.
- Shine and the Moonbeams – soulful music created by a NYC based musician
- Smithsonian Folkways Recordings – The home of Ella Jenkins, Jose Luis Orozco and Elizabeth Mitchell, delving into the American songbook for all-ages gems.
- Suzi Shelton – This Brooklyn based mom rocker creates sweet songs with thoughtful lyrics to inspire kids.
- Trout Fishing in America – This hearty, GRAMMY nominated duo entertains babies and grandparents alike – and everyone in between.
- The Whizpops This Montana based band of educators creates fact-based science and nature themed songs, including a recent collaboration with the National Wildlife Federation.